All but official: TEL plan is D.O.A.
Good news from the TEL/TABOR front it looks like it will be removed from the ballot. Though, it sounds like the Library fund could still be affected, just not as much...
"But unlike Blackwell's amendment, which would limit the annual growth of government spending at the state and local levels, the new law would apply to only state general-revenue funds and not spending from other sources such as fees."
The article from the Columbus Dispatch can be read here.
This is from Coaltion for Ohio's Future (www.ohiosfuture.org)

3 Comments:
All but official has also come down through OLC's Legislative Network too. I'll believe it when I see the tombstone. The next big thing in Ohio Library Politics will be the legislative committee charged with evaluating, and potentially changing the Local Government Funds. That committee has pretty much done nothing while waiting to see how all the TEL movements would shake down.
But if TEL is officially D.O.A., then I expect they will be back on track. Joe Uecker is our Representative on that committee, so keep an eye on what happens.
I'm not convinced that the TEL is actually DOA. It's in trouble because it's too closely linked to Ken Blackwell's run for governor. If Blackwell is elected (as he is very liikely to be), TEL will be back in some form or other. In the meantime, we will almost certainly still face budget cuts to some degree.
I'm with Leslie--I want to see the tombstone.
Liz
FYI... check out the Letters to the Editor section of the May 18th Clermont Sun. There is a letter to the Editor (quite lengty) from Ohio's Lieutenant Governor and Development Director stating why he is against the TEL amendment.
Post a Comment
<< Home