Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Thank You All Very Much!

Now that the disabilities grant, "Service without Boundaries," has come to a close, I want to thank everyone who contributed to making it a very successful grant. This has truly been an all-library experience to which every department made significant contributions. Automation and Facilities installed equipment and software; Connie and Jim jumped into the training; and Dave and Maura handled the finances. Collection Development handled thousands of dollars of acquisitions, while Technical Services cataloged every item, which in the case of Playaways, meant devising new packaging and call numbers. MultiMedia Resources handled publicity and brochures, while redesigning our web site to make it accessible. Twenty staff members stepped forward to learn American Sign Language, while programmers in every branch planned new and creative programs for our target audience. I don't believe that there is a single staff member who has not contributed to the success of this grant and I am very grateful to everyone. Thank you all very, very much.

Liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home