Fun with Key Ingredients
I whined and begged, so Tracey said it would be ok for me to create two programs for Key Ingredients this summer. These will be programs that branches can present August-October, if they like. Either I can come and present the program(s) with the assistance of branch staff or the branch can just take the program(s) and run with them. The two programs are planned with a teen/adult audience in mind. There is no obligation to offer either program, but I've had fun creating them and would be happy to share them.
One of the programs is on corn and it's still in the planning stages. But it involves (among other things) a popcorn taste off, cornhusk dolls, and beaded Indian corn jewelry to make.
The other program is further along and it is all about tomatoes. It involves (among other things) test tasting Ohio's official state beverage, tomato juice. It also involves cooking up some fried green tomatoes while watching ... wait for it ... that legendary cult B movie, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Holly and Vicki are already hard at work ordering copies of the movie for us.
I would like to begin to get a feel for whatever interest there is out there for either (or both) of these programs. We don't need definite dates right this minute; I just want to gauge the interest before going any further. Please drop me an e-mail or respond to the blog if you think your branch might be interested.
Liz

4 Comments:
MOVIE!! Since when could we show movies? Don't get me wrong the programs sound great! Especially the corn one. Just the word Corn has so many possibilites.
Well, since AOFKT is 80 minutes long, I wasn't going to show the whole thing. Just 15 minutes or so, while I fry up the green tomatoes. I agree about corn movies. I've already promised never to show Children of the Corn, due to excessive scariness. However, I'm open to other possibilities.
:-)
Liz
I would like to try one of them at Burg--probably the corn program. I couldn't promise an audience at FE but let me run it by Amy before definitely saying no. Let me also say that your use of "Barney" lingo was very good and just a tad disturbing.
I like the idea of the corn program for Bethel. Sure, I think there would be interest. We could try the killer tomato program at Amelia.
Post a Comment
<< Home