Wednesday, May 23, 2007

IUG Users Convention in San Jose

Vicki, Connie, Joel and I had a grand time at the Innovative Users Group Convention in California. Vicki and I attended a useful pre-conference on ways to utilize Innovative in collection development; you'll be hearing more about that, especially in the area of collection weeding. I attended a workshop on the upcoming 2007 upgrade. The release date has been pushed back from August to December, but I think we will like the new features. Innovative seems to have worked hard to include many user requested features. I also went to a couple of workshops about new products. (Innovative distinguishes very carefully between features, which come with the upgrades, and products, which have to be purchased separately at no little cost.) Products are often really nice, but not essential. Still it's nice to know about them, and we'll keep them on the back burner for now. We learned some things about creating lists, and keeping statistics, and self checkout, that you'll learn more about later. Joel went to a whole bunch of workshops about tech services topics. I'll let him tell you about those.

If anyone has questions about the conference or Innovative in general, please feel free to ask. If I don't know, I'll find out for you.

Liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home