Tuesday, May 09, 2006

5 Things to Make your Library a Better Place

From walking paper, thoughts on the stapler, an excerpt:

Here are five things you can do this week to make your library a better place:

1. Let people bring drinks into your building. Let that group of high schoolers studying together eat the cupcakes they brought in. They might even offer you one. If they do, take it. It’ll make you seem human.

2. Communicate with your users who IM.

3. Let patrons plug their digital cameras into your computers.

4. By your DVD collection, have hold slips filled out with the info for popular films. They’ll just need to write in their name and hand it to you.

5. Allow kids to bring their skateboards in the library.

2 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

I like the ideas, but I'm pretty sure we can come up with more than five. I loved the stapler post. It reminds of the "old days" when I actually had to buy office supplies labeled "for public use" and give them to the branches in a SHOEBOX with written procedures about when they were "allowed" to let the public use them. Please tell me we don't worry about that anymore.

 
At 9:32 AM, June 05, 2006, Blogger Tracey said...

Those were the days! Do we not allow skateboards in? If not, why not?

Just a question....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home