Thursday, June 01, 2006

County Profile

Yes, always thinking, even on vacation... Laura and I have just about wrapped up the County Profile and Branch Profile information. We got lucky and discovered that the OSU Extension Office had done a lot of the demographic work for us. When completed, we'll be ready to start the next phase of strategic planning. Managers are going to be reviewing and commenting on the trend summary at their enxt meeting. Some of the main trends we talk about are;
Changing Role of libraries in society
Impact of technology on library services
Changing demographics including more seniors as baby boomers retire, a county where 59% of the residents commute outside of the county to work
The needs of local schools and how we can address them
The need for more librarians and strategies to address that
the ever popular FUNDING!!!

My personal favorite issue ( and I like it so much because it backs my opinion up) is the disconnect between the Eastern, rural half of the county and the Urban western half. I feel validated that someone besides me and the library has noticed that Clermont County is a bit schizophrenic (in the old fashioned sense)

If you've got any comments about these trends, or have noticed any you'd like to see included, add them to the list. Maybe when I get back from vacation I'll take a vacation.

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, June 05, 2006, Blogger Tracey said...

Excellent article! Can't believe you remembered it!

Thanks!
T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home