Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Meldahl Hydroelectric Project and Access Clermont

These are actually two different and unrelated topics.

Meldahl Hydroelectric Project is a proposed project at the Meldahl Locks and Dam near Chilo, Ohio. Public meetings have been held in Batavia and Brooksville KY for discussion on the project. Information about all this was in the June 22 Clermont Sun legals section and it was stated that the proposal and pre-application documentation were available for inspection at the Clermont Co Public Library and the Bracken Co Public Library. I've now received three requests from the public for this documentation, but unfortunately we never received it (although Bracken Co Public Library did). Yesterday I made several phone calls and tracked the documentation down. The authorizing agency, E.ON U.S. Services, Inc., is sending me two copies of this (several 100 pages long) documentation. I will ask Joel and his outstanding TS crew to catalog it and place one copy at Doris Wood and one copy at New Richmond.

Access Clermont refers to the Official Clermont County 2006 Thoroughfare Plan Update, which was adopted by the Clermont County Planning Commission in April of this year. Administration has received 10 copies of this report, which concerns transportation and transit plans for the county. I will also give these to TS for cataloging and distribution to the branches.

Liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home