Wednesday, July 05, 2006

CCPL Committee wiki

In an attempt to keep information about all of our committees and groups in one place, I've started a wiki. It's very much in the creation stage at the moment, so if you see information that needs to be changed/added, let me know. If you're the head of a committee, let me know and I'll issue you a WikiSpaces invitation so you can add your group's info.

7 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, July 06, 2006, Blogger Joann Kiser said...

What is the difference between a wiki and a blog? Thanks, Joann.

 
At 2:17 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger laura said...

Holly, I've been using first name last initial since some staff members seem skittish about having their full names online.

Listing the chairs for each committee is a great idea. I've added 'chair' on those pages where I know who's in charge.

 
At 2:25 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger laura said...

Joann, wikis are websites where you can easily create and edit entries whereas blogs are more like online journals.

Wikis are better when you're creating something like an online manual because it's easy to update and add information (think of Wikipedia).

Blogs are better for sharing more conversational information like articles or memos or programming ideas (think Librarian.net).

 
At 1:12 PM, July 11, 2006, Blogger chris w said...

Under youth services is the anime action committee, if you wanted to add that.
c

 
At 3:07 PM, July 11, 2006, Blogger laura said...

Chris, I've added the barebones of a page for anime and sent you a WikiSpaces invitation so you can flesh out the entry.

 
At 5:34 PM, July 11, 2006, Blogger Sue said...

Will this information also be available on CCPL Share? Could it be of benefit for managers doing evaluations?

 
At 9:20 AM, July 13, 2006, Blogger laura said...

Sue, I certainly hope that managers will use the information in the wiki =)

I chose the wiki as the simplest way of keeping/updating the information as well as having it in a central, easily available location. What advantages do you see to having it on CCPL Share as well?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home