Tuesday, July 11, 2006

workload study question

Hi all,
As we've been doing the study, Heather and I have a come upon a few scenarios that we are not sure how to record.

While sitting at the reference desk:
If no one comes up to the desk do we still record an "m"? I think we did on the last survey but the current survey looks like we only put an "m" if we've made the contact. Do we put an "m" if the contacts are considered "other" types of questions like "where's the bathroom?". If not, what do we put, if anything? I know this is picky but we are trying to be accurate.

Summer Reading:
How do we record the transactions made when passing out summer reading prizes? It includes paperwork because you are working with the registration cards. So is it "B", "C" and/or "M" if it's all taking place at the ref desk and we are answering "other" types of questions as we go through the summer reading procedures.

Any other scenarios out there?

3 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, July 11, 2006, Blogger Tracey said...

Chris,
My two cents worth: I would mark it with a "B".
"In-house program planning includes all activities necessary
to presenting your program including contacting performers,
planning crafts, filling out paperwork."
Summer Reading is a program and filling out paperwork is part of that program. Also "all activities" could loosely be interpreted as giving out prizes.

Any other comments or suggestions out there?

 
At 5:22 PM, July 11, 2006, Blogger Sue said...

Yes we encountered the same question yesterday and decided that C program presentation should be indicated.

 
At 10:38 AM, July 12, 2006, Blogger laura said...

Chris, I'd go with 'M' as long as you're on desk, regardless of whether you're asked questions or what type of questions you're asked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home