wondering what stuff is stuff I should post
I have lots of stuff that I'd like to blog about: when I've read a good book, can I post the title as a potential book for book discussion groups? when I've had a successful program, can I post info about it so that other programmers can try it? Maybe I'm thinking too big, too fast, in fact, I'm sure I am, but let me be the first to suggest that we have several blogs...one for each of the following: youth programming, adult programming, managers, heck, maybe departmental staff or LAs might want a blog. That way, the LAs don't have to read my ramblings when they don't have anything to do with circ work, haha. Anyway, just a thought for the future...But for now, what stuff is stuff I should post to the blog and what should I save for a meeting?

2 Comments:
I'm not sure who wrote the comment to begin with; but there's no reason we can't create more than one blog. We started this one to get people thinking about the technology. Dave and Laura will be doing a presentation on blogging very soon. That might be the time to start a few more. In the meantime, feel free to post whatever you'd like on this one. good question.
Leslie
Tamar, I'm hoping that people will post about books and programming ideas. I'm also hoping that they'll post about meetings, sharing what the committee/taskforce is working on. I've shared some articles and websites, something I hope others will do too. I'd like it if people posted about lectures/seminars/conferences, both upcoming ones that look interesting and those they've attended and what they learned.
So, keeping in mind that this blog is accessible to anyone, I'd share things that you think other staff members would find interesting or useful. And I'd save things that are sensitive, deal with personal information or privacy issues for meetings.
Post a Comment
<< Home