Friday, March 03, 2006

More on TEL/TABOR

I went to an ABLE/Literacy Taskforce meeting this morning at IHOP (great pancakes and sausage!) and very briefly described TEL/TABOR. As a result, I have been asked to present a fuller discussion at our meeting in May. At Leslie's suggestion, I am also signing up to be part of the (opponent's) statewide speaker's bureau on this topic. Of course, as a public employee, I cannot openly speak against the proposed amendment; however, the training will provide me with many additional facts and presentation ideas which I will have to modify to something less partisan. The speaker's bureau training will be Wednesday, April 5, in Columbus if anyone wants to go with me.

Liz

3 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, March 03, 2006, Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

Tracey said that Wilson Palmer (Friends Treasurer) did a great presentation on it at the Friends Umbrella Group meeting. I've asked her to send him the inforamtion on how to sign up to speak about it ala Liz.....

 
At 9:20 AM, March 07, 2006, Blogger Tracey said...

Question: Are we allowed to talk about this as a private citizen in our private life? I know we work at the library, but can we speak at organizations as a private citizen? For instance, could I speak at a Boy Scout meeting when I am there as Jake's parent and mention how bad Tel Tabor is? This is just a question that I think we need written procedures on for staff. I think we can do more than we think we can do.

 
At 10:15 PM, March 07, 2006, Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

Jake's a boy scout? You've been holding out on me. But the answer is yes, as a private citizen you can say anything you want any time you want any where you want. Also, you're right, I need to get some written guidelines together for everyone. Thanks for the suggestion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home