Pew Research Technology User Type
What type of tech user are you? An omnivore? A connector? "Do you cringe when your cell phone rings? Do you suffer from withdrawal when you can't check your Blackberry? Do you rush to post your vacation video to your Web site?" Take the quiz.
I'm a Connector. "Connectors combine a sense that information technology is good for social purposes with a clear recognition that online resources are a great way to learn new things. Their cell phones have a lot of features, and they also try new things with technology; more than half have watched TV programming on a device like a laptop computer or cell phone."

7 Comments:
I am apparently an Omnivore. The basic description is - Members of this group use their extensive suite of technology tools to do an enormous range of things online, on the go, and with their cell phones. Omnivores are highly engaged with video online and digital content.
I too am an ominvore. I was sure I would be a crumudgeon, if such a category existed.
Okay, I took the quiz and I am a connector, which actually describes my use pretty well. I think I'd be an omnivore if I had nothing but time.
This comment has been removed by the author.
I'm a connector. I would be an omnivore if I could afford it!
I took the quiz and I'm a "connector, but hassled." This is mostly because I only use my cell phone as (gasp!) a telephone. I don't text, listen to music, or surf the web using a cell phone. I use all that time reading books! I think I must be old-fashioned!
Liz
I am an Omnivore, which makes sense to me. Because, my children force me to stay connected. I love new tech toys. I do an enormous amount of personal business online. I pay most of my bills online, go to college online, watch quite a few of my favorite shows online, edit pictures online and share them with family. But, then you are talking to the person who sold their nephews house on Ebay. I did find it interesting that only 8% of the American public is an Omnivore. I thought it would be much higher.
Kind regards
Connie
Post a Comment
<< Home